By Renee Castro
It is no question that animals can teach us lessons. Just think about the benefits of having a pet to come home to everyday. Don’t you just wish you could lounge around all day, or feel ecstatic about the smallest thing? Animals have proven to be an important figure in our lives if we really pay attention to the way that they do things. I think we often forget just how smart animals can really be.
Let the little things go
- Have you ever had that dreadful moment in which you accidentally step on your dogs paw? You bend down begging for forgiveness and try to prove it was really an accident. I’m sure your pet will let out a small whine, but then a few seconds later they’re licking your face and running around. Sometimes we just have to let the little things go!
Smile through the RUFF days
- Just because your furry friend might be feeling down, doesn’t stop them from spreading all the love that they can muster up. It might be hard to smile on a tough day but think about how much of a difference it will make!
Rest your body
- Part of the reason why pets have those splurges of energy is because they are so well rested. They believe in self-care hard-core and we should too. Take a nap after a long day or let yourself sleep in a little on the weekend, you deserve it!
- Animals are amazing creatures because they express through emotion and action. What if you spoke in a language that someone couldn’t understand? Listen closely to how people talk about things or act. You’ll start seeing life in a new way!
Spread your wings and fly
- Our first steps were scary. Life can sometimes be scary, but you have to believe in yourself and know that you can do absolutely anything you set your mind to. Spreading your wings might just be the one thing you needed to help you soar.