By Renee Castro
Spring is a beautiful time of year and it’s the perfect time to spice up your dating game! You might be tired of constantly going to your favorite restaurant or settling for the newest movie at the box office. Here are some ideas for your next date night if you’re looking to try something new!
- You can make this one a double date if you want! We often forget how fun bowling is until you’re out there hitting strikes and racking up points. Bowling is definitely a way to unwind, have some drinks and throw some fun into your date night.
- Visit a winery
- OK, so date night doesn’t have to start at 8 p.m. If you’re looking for something to do during the day or early afternoon, head to a local winery and do a wine tasting. It’s a fun way to get the night started and you can talk over a glass (or 6 if you’re tasting) wine!
- Paint Night
- I have never actually done one of these, but I envision it to be the perfect date night. The policy is bring your own drinks (must be over 21) and you learn to paint something that you get to take home! Sounds like the perfect date night to me.
- Couples Massage
- If you’re into the mellower atmosphere, or if you just need a break from your crazy life… then go for a couples massage! This is a great way to share some intimacy with your significant other and experience the beauty of a massage all in one.
- Head to a sporting event
- Here in Gainesville, we are all about the Gators! If the timing is right and you can score some tickets, throw on your orange and blue and head out for a night full of Gator chomps and some serious school pride.
- Take a dance class
- For the more upbeat couple, you might be looking for a place to dance that’s not a crowded bar at Midtown. Look online and buy a package for a dance class! It’ll be fun to learn something new with your partner and I’m sure you’ll enjoy showing everyone your new moves!
- Escape Room
- These are all the hype right now, and with good reason. Escape rooms are a great way to see how your partner works under pressure. They might surprise you by successfully escaping a room you through you were trapped in!
There are a bunch of things you can do with your partner if you gave your date night some thought. Next time you settle for a chain restaurant, imagine all of the possibilities for where your night could take you!