By Renee Castro
It is so easy to indulge on snacks when you’re hungry. Just a hand full of chips becomes half the bag before its even time for lunch. A lot of us tend to reach over for the cookies or other snacks that we should only enjoy sometimes, which is why snacking has such a bad rap. Maybe it’s time to turn our snacking habit into a healthy habit.
Here are some great snacks that won’t put you over your calorie count and will leave you feeling better than the aftermath of processed sugar.
- Apple Slices with Almond Butter
- Avocado and Salsa on Ezekiel Toast
- Banana, Peanut Butter and Honey Roll-Ups
- Celery Sticks or Apple Slices with Peanut Butter
- Yogurt with Nuts and Berries
- Edamame with Salt
- Yogurt Ranch with Carrots and Celery
- Beef or Turkey Jerky
- String Cheese
These are just a few snacks that will keep you feeling full for a little longer and wont leave you searching for high sugar and carb alternatives!