Relax and unwind this weekend with some refreshing patriotic drinks on the Fourth of July to get festive! Here are three ways to make drinks with red, white and blue accents!
Make Red, White and Blue Ice Cubes
- cranberry juice
- Blueberry juice
In an ice cube tray, pour in the three juices and freeze until solid. In a tall glass, add in one cranberry juice ice cube, one lemonade ice cube and one blueberry juice ice cube. Over the ice, our in 1-2 ounces of vodka and top off the drink with sprite. Now you have a red, white and blue vodka sprite! You can add these ice cubes to any light clear colored drink to get the red, white and blue effect!
Add Watermelon, Strawberries or Raspberries
- Drink of choice (preferably a clear-colored, or blue drink)
- Watermelon, strawberries or raspberries
Simply create a drink that is relatively clear or blue in color, and add in fresh watermelon, strawberries or raspberries! Garnish the drink with a blue paper straw!
Red, White and Blue Jello Shots
- 1 package strawberry jello
- 3 cups blueberry or strawberry flavored vodka
- 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 packages unflavored gelatin
- 1 package berry blue jello
- whipped cream or Reddi-whip
- clear, plastic shot containers
- Combine strawberry jello with 2 1/2 cups of hot water and 1 1/2 cups of vodka. Stir to combine. Fill the plastic shot containers up a third of the way with the red liquid and set in the fridge to chill for about an hour.
- Combine unflavored gelatin with 2 1/2 cups of hot water, and stir the mixture until all of the gelatin is dissolved and the mixture isn’t grainy. Next, stir in the can of sweetened condensed milk and thoroughly mix. Pour the white liquid on top of the already-set red liquid to fill two-thirds of the shot containers. Return to the fridge to chill for an hour.
- Combine berry blue jello with 2 1/2 cups of hot water and 1 1/2 cups of vodka. Stir to combine. Fill the plastic shot containers up the rest of the way with the blue liquid on top of the already-set white liquid. Return to the fridge to chill for one more hour.
- When ready to serve, pull out the shots from the fridge, top with a dollop of whipped cream and finish with red, white and blue sprinkles!