During the Halloween season, it can be hard to get around all the sugary treats and candy. And sometimes, it’s okay to give in to sweet treats! If you want to make a tasty Halloween treat, but want to save on some of the calories, make these Low-Sugar Halloween Pinwheel Cookies!
Low-Sugar Halloween Pinwheel Cookies
- 3/4 cup of gluten-free flour (almond, oat, spelt)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 baking soda
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar or stevia
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- splash of milk (about 1-2 tablespoons)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil or dairy-free butter
- food dye (orange or any Halloween color of your choice)
- Halloween sprinkles
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl, and set aside.
- In a small bowl, melt the oil or butter, and combine with vanilla and milk.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet, and combine with a spoon or whisk.
- Separate the dough in half, and dye half of the dough a Halloween color; we suggest orange or purple!
- Roll out both doughs to a quarter-inch thickness and stack on top of each other. Roll up both doughs together like a cinnamon roll. Once the dough is rolled, cover the dough “log” in sprinkles. Refrigerate it for an hour.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Once the dough is chilled, cut the dough into 1/2 inch cookie rounds and place on a baking sheet. Bake the cookies for 8-9 minutes, and don’t overcook!
- Once they cool, remove them from the cookie sheet, and enjoy!
Watch The Sanderson Sisters In A Hocus Pocus Spin-Off On October 30
Local Fall Festivities To Check Out This Season!
Gym Etiquette 101: Do You Even Lift, Bro?
Take Control Of Your Credit Card Use To Better Your Finances