By Renee Castro
You’ve probably heard it from your friends that you wash your hair too often. You’ve thrown out every excuse as to why you wash your hair on specific days of the week, but have you ever sat back and thought about the amount of washing your hair gets in any given week? Science says you should be thinking about tit.
The answer, however, is subjective to every person and the hair that sits on their head.
For curly hair:
- This type of hair can dry out easily so it’s best that you wash your hair no more than once a week. If your hair doesn’t feel dirty, you can even go as far as 2 – 3 weeks without washing!
- You can always water wash in between! (Massage your scalp with water and no products)
For fine hair:
- You will probably need to wash twice a week or more depending on your scalp. (If your scalp is greasy you will need to wash more often)
For thick hair:
- You’ll be good to go with every two days! Brush your hair often to keep the natural oils spreading through your hair.
- If you do heavy cardio, you should wash your hair between two and three times a week.
- You don’t have to shampoo everyday, and co-washing for curly hair is suggested!
- For great hair, it is suggested that you only wash your hair three times a week at most!