Sometimes the journey to wellness can be overwhelming, whether you are trying to change your eating habits, your gym progression or even just your mental health. Here are some of our favorite healthy reads to help you change your life for the better.
1. “The Champion’s Mind: How Great Athletes Think, Train and Thrive” by Jim Afremow
Written by a sports psychologist, this book discusses how the only way to improve physically is to also improve mentally first. Through tips and techniques, which include having long-term goals, Afremow works to help you improve like an athlete would.
2. “Eat Better, Live Better, Feel Better: Alkalize Your Life … One Delicious Recipe at a Time” by Julie Cove
Detox your body with the help of Julie Cove. Cove tells us all about acid-forming foods and how they can cause inflammation in the body. Learn what you can do to ease into the alkaline lifestyle. You can also find 150 recipes in this book to inspire you!
3. “Enough Already! Clearing Mental Clutter to Become the Best You” by Peter Walsh
While targeting six important areas of your life (family, relationships, work, health, money and spirituality) Walsh shows that everything you do is interrelated. Walsh offers a step-by-step plan to help you acknowledge and address both the emotional and mental clutter that continually holds you back from living the fulfilling life you deserve.
4. “Inspiralize Everything” by Ali Maffucci
The ultimate guide to spiralizing with clean meals that fit into any diet. From paleo to vegan to gluten-free, there are many different recipes that Maffucci introduces to the reader. Each recipe is not only focused on healthy eating, but also easy cooking.
5. “The Happiness Project” by Gretchen Rubin
Read about one person’s year-long journey to discover what leads to true happiness. Based on things such as cutting-edge science, classical philosophy and real-world applicability, it is a true inspiration to change your life for the better.
6. “The Endurance Diet: Discover the World’s Greatest Athletes’ 5 Core Habits to Look, Feel, and Perform Better” by Matt Fitzgerald
In order to look, feel and perform better, sports nutritionist Matt Fitzgerald says that there are five core habits that you need. These habits are contrary to what popular diets advise and are essential to maximizing workout benefit. Read this book to learn how to eat less, win a race or even just look your best.