There is nothing like classic pumpkin pie. Try this easy Homemade Pumpkin Pie recipe for your Thanksgiving festivities!
Homemade Pumpkin Pie
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree or 15 ounces of homemade pumpkin puree
- 1 1/4 cups half and half
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (9 inch) deep dish pie crust
- Preheat the oven to 415° F. Combine all filling ingredients in a large bowl and stir until a smooth filling forms. Pour the filling into a premade (or homemade) pie crust, and transfer the pie to the oven.
- Bake the pie at 415° F for 17 minutes, then turn down the oven to 350° F and bake for another 40-45 minutes until the pie is set.
- Let the pie cool for a few hours. Serve after cooling or store in the fridge. Top with whipped cream and sprinkle with cinnamon!
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of bourbon to the filling for a warm kick
- Mix in chopped pecans into the filling for a pecan/pumpkin pie hybrid
- When the pie is done, sprinkle on a thin layer of white sugar on top of the pie. Using a kitchen-safe torch, melt the sugar on top until it is caramelized to make pumpkin pie brûlée!
- Whip fresh whipping cream with a touch of sugar for a classic whipped cream topping
How Can Food Journaling Help You Think Before You Eat?
Learn The Health Benefits Of Pumpkin
How To Make Creamy Pumpkin Soup From Scratch
Holidays with a Side of Health History