January is National Soup Month! Celebrate with this creamy Pumpkin Soup made from real pumpkin. With only a few ingredients, you’ll be making this easy soup all season long.
Creamy Pumpkin Soup
- 1 3-pound sugar pie pumpkin
- 1 large onion 4 garlic cloves
- 1/4-1/2 cup of olive oil or coconut oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg and cloves
- 4 1/2 cups vegetable broth or stock
- 2⁄3 cup full-fat coconut milk
1. Cut the pumpkin, onion and garlic into pieces and cover with olive oil. Roast in the oven at 450° F for 25-30 minutes until the pumpkin is fork-tender. Remove the skin from the pumpkin.
2. In a large pan, add in the roasted ingredients with 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Add in 3 cups of vegetable stock with seasonings, and blend the ingredients together with an immersion blender.
3. After blending, add the remaining vegetable stock and coconut milk to the saucepan; bring to simmer. Add salt and pepper to taste, and serve with pumpkin seeds and crostini for dipping!
Setting The Record Straight: Is Corn Good For You?
Discover A Cornucopia Of Fall Foods
Enjoy Savory Pumpkin Bruschetta This Fall
Make Butternut Squash A Fall Produce Staple!
Discover The Downfalls And Benefits Of Butter Consumption