The American Hotel & Lodging Association (AHLA) announced some new guidelines that all hotel guests should abide by while traveling and staying in different hotel options. They are calling these guidelines the “Safe Stay Guest Checklist.”
“This checklist is part of AHLA’s Safe Stay guidelines, an industry-wide, enhanced set of health and safety protocols designed to provide a safe and clean environment for all hotel guests and employees,” according to an AHLA press release.
The checklist includes, per AHLA:
- Require face coverings in all indoor public spaces and practice social distancing in all common areas.
- Choose contactless options, where available, including online reservations, check-ins, and payments.
- Consider daily room cleaning, only if necessary. Ask the hotel about your options.
- Request contactless room service delivery.
- Refrain from traveling if you have, or recently had, any symptoms of COVID-19 or contact with anyone diagnosed with COVID-19.
Some of the AHLA Member Companies include Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, Loews Hotels and Co., Marriott International, Radisson Hotel Group and Wyndham Hotels & Resorts. If you are traveling and staying in hotels, be sure to contact your hotel and go over the “Safe Stay Guest Checklist” to keep you and others safe from COVID-19.