Lately, Chef Gordan Ramsey’s been all the craze. With his British accent and bright blonde hair, the bad boy of celebrity chefs has inspired quite a few individuals to cook this week — including myself!
So, if you’re on a quest to become a “Master Chef” and to take on a new challenge, we’ve included two fun recipes for you to try! These recipes are sure to impress the golden man himself – and your hungry family!
Baked Salmon Recipe
Salmon is a superfood! The orange fish is not only packed with protein but contains tons of omega-3 and little fat. To cook salmon, follow these steps below for a flavorful and healthy experience!
- 2 frozen Wild Sockeye salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon organic onion powder per fillet
- 1 tablespoon organic black pepper per fillet
- ½ tablespoon organic pink Himalayan salt per fillet
- 2 tablespoons organic olive oil
- Defrost your fillets for five hours.
- Do not take the skin off your fillet! If the meat glides off the skin at the end, then the salmon is well-cooked.
- When preparing to cook, add olive oil to your baking pan, so the salmon doesn’t stick.
- Place the skinned side of the fish on the baking pan.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Season the fish using onion powder, black pepper and salt.
- Place the fish in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Take out your fish and enjoy!
Cuban cuisine is known for its flavorful, juicy meats and dishes. Cuban Picadillo, which is commonly eaten in Cuban households, is no different and packs a tasteful punch. This meal is usually eaten with white rice and black beans. However, there are other ways to enjoy it too!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 minced organic clove garlic
- ½ chopped organic onion
- 1 chopped organic bell pepper
- 1 pound organic lean ground beef
- 5 large organic green olives
- 1 tablespoon organic cumin
- 1 small can of organic tomato sauce
- A packet of sazon seasoning.
- Spread olive oil across your skillet.
- Cook and stir garlic, onion and green bell pepper for 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Add the ground beef. Make sure to separate it for texture!
- Cook and stir all the ingredients together for 10 minutes until the beef is brown.
- Then, add tomato sauce, cumin, sazon seasoning and pink Himalayan salt to the beef. Mix!
- Reduce the heat and wait 8 minutes until the picadillo is fully cooked.
- Serve and enjoy!