Pumpkin spice is back, and you should know that you don’t have to go all the way to your local coffee shop to get your favorite drink! There is no better way to start the fall festivities than with your own DIY pumpkin spice latte. Try this DIY recipe that yields enough for four lattes.
- Milk: 2 cups (any milk that you prefer)
- Coffee: 4 shots of espresso or 2 cups of black brewed coffee
- Pumpkin puree: 2 tablespoons needed
- Make it yourself: buy a pumpkin, cut it in half, takeout all the seeds from inside, season with some salt, bake in the oven at 400°F for about 60 minutes and then place it in a food processor
- Buy pre-made pumpkin puree at any grocery store
- Vanilla extract: 4 tablespoons
- Pumpkin pie spice: ½ tablespoon
- Brown sugar: 2 teaspoons
- Whipped cream
- In a saucepan, start heating the milk at medium heat, then add the pumpkin puree in the pan and mix together until it boils. Make sure you are stirring frequently so you do not burn the milk.
- Remove from heat. Add vanilla and pumpkin spice to the pan and whisk it together
- Pour one shot of espresso or half a cup of brewed coffee in each of your mugs.
- Add about half a cup of the milk and pumpkin mixture to each mug.
- Decorate to taste with some whipped cream, cinnamon, nutmeg or more pumpkin pie spice
- Enjoy your homemade pumpkin spice latte!